Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some new treasures from the kiln...

Thursdays are always fun, because that is the day that both kilns at MAC are unloaded. Here are some of my successes from the reduction gas kiln.

The teapot that I made so long ago, I painted some delphinium flowers on and glazed with Piepenburg white.

Here is a 4" diameter bowl, also about 4" high. I painted the inside with blue stain and glazed with a celadon, the outside has blue stain with beach blue over it.





Here is a 8" x 3" high bowl. It has CR yellow on the inside, dark celadon on the outside, and a dip of the rim in Cushing Black.



And, finally, here is a 10" diameter plate in celadon, with a streak of Pete's Red.



Tomorrow I will publish some things that came from the soda kiln.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

RUSS baby! Gorgeous! Nice teapot!!!!!